The Institute of Environmental Medicine was established on January 5th, 1990 to investigate the health effects of physical, chemical, and biological environmental factors, to provide information for diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of environmental diseases, and to train specialists in environmental epidemiology and occupational medicine.
- Health effects of particulate matter
- Development of biomarkers to trace exposures and to evaluate the effects of hazardous chemicals
- Development of monitoring systems for environmental and occupational diseases
- Study for human sensitivity to endocrine disrupting chemicals
- Plans for developing environment for healthy city
Yun-Chul Hong, Director of the Institute of Environmental Medicine